How to Apply
Prior to submitting a grant, an organization must contact the Foundation and arrange a brief meeting to determine the potential eligibility of the request. At this meeting, the Foundation staff will explain the procedure for applying for a grant. This is necessary for each grant request.
To complete The Memorial Foundation’s Online Grant Application, click here.
Information requested in the online application includes:
- Brief history (including date established) and statement of purpose of the organization. Include brief overview of nature and scope of programs, services and people served.
- Brief description of request for which funding is requested.
- Brief overview of project plans and timetables.
- Why the request is needed and the impact it will have on the people served.
- Goals and objectives and how outcomes will be measured.
- Source of funding commitments received and pending to date. Include the Board of Director’s participation in fundraising and commitment of financial support to the organization.
- Financial plan for future sustainability.
In addition to the online grant narrative requested, the following attachments must be uploaded:
- Board of Directors roster with name and company affiliation (one-page listing).
- Itemized budget for the request and the organization’s operating budget for the fiscal year that funding is requested.
- Most recent financial audit. If most current year-end financial statements have not yet been audited, include most current, unaudited year-end.
- Include report of any internal control related matters identified in the financial audit. (Note: This is a separate letter to the Board of Directors not included in your audit.)
- Internal Revenue Service determination letter confirming the Organization’s tax-exempt status.
Meetings and site visits may be scheduled with applicant organization by the Foundation as appropriate.